Post Bank Holiday

Those of you who don’t follow me on social media, will be unaware that on Friday last week I was struck down by a horrible head cold / virus. My throat felt like I had swallowed a packet of razor blades, I was aching all over, full of snot and at times hallucinating due to my high temperature. It completely floored me and has left me with vertigo as my eustachian tubes ( in my ears) have swollen shut. So all in all it was a fun time.

As I am still pretty shattered and getting over this, I thought I would just give you a quick round-up of my sewing projects that I have completed over the last few weeks.

I made a table runner for our coffee table using scraps from the two quilts (quilt as you go) I made for the lounge. The patchwork pieces had been hanging around for weeks. This was the first piece of quilting I had done without a kit. I also got to use my new stitch in the ditch foot, which was harder than I had imagined it would be. It takes a lot of concentration to keep the foot in the ditch !

On the sashing on the table runner I used this heritage stitch. I love it as it adds another piece of interest to the runner.

I also made myself a smaller and wearable Julia top. I dropped the size down by two and lengthened the pattern by 10cm. This is a much more wearable top now. I will hack the pattern again and make the neckline narrower and higher as I will always need to wear something under the top or everything will be on show when I bend forward. It is super comfortable though and I am thrilled with it.

Buoyed by my success, I took apart a much loved but on its last legs t-shirt and made a pattern from it. The sleeves need to be looked at, I had to bodge these a bit. However its very wearable and I used the overlocker for the majority of the construction.

My last make of the last few weeks is this quilted patchwork tote bag. I have a subscription box and this month it came with 42 charm squares, some white lining material and some cotton webbing. I used 32 charm squares to make this lovely bag which I am thrilled with. It took me a couple of hours to make ( purely as I am still a bit sickly!). Here it is front and back –

I have lots of material coming for me to make some more Julia Tops and some t-shirts. In the meantime though Mr Myasthenia Kid has requested a soft toy pig be made. Don’t ask me why LOL!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply. Please be aware I reserve the right to edit comments should they contain inappropriate material

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.