Today Hubs and I are taking part in Ellie’s Top Ten Horror / Science Fiction Movie Quotes. Ellie’s Blog can be found at http://elliegarratt.blogspot.com/.
This is a collaborative effort as my memory is shot to pieces!
Top Ten Horror Movie Quotes:
You may notice a bit of a Zombie theme with these!
1. “You’ve got to be fucking kidding me!” The Thing 1982
2. “Here’s Johnny” The Shinning 1980
3. “They’re coming to get you Barbra” Night of the living Dead 1968
4. “I hope I give you the shits” Dog Soldiers 2002
5. ” Smile you son of a bitch” Jaws 1975
6. “Its alive! Its alive” Frankenstein 1931
7. “Choke on it” Day of the dead 1985
8. “Kill the Queen!” Shaun of the Dead 2004
9. “I’ll swallow your soul” ” Swallow this” Evil Dead 2 1987
10. “Give me some sugar baby” Army of Darkness Evil Dead 3 1992
Top Ten Science Fiction Movie Quotes:
Doing these made us realise how many excellent films were made in 1968!
1.” Game over man, game over” Aliens 1979
2. “We came, we saw, we kicked ass!” Ghostbusters 1984
3. “Are you telling me you built a time machine out of Delorean?” Back to the future 1985
4. “I’m sorry Dave, I’m afraid I can’t do that.” 2001 Space Odyssey 1968
5. “Take your stinkin’ paws off me, you damn dirty ape.” Planet of the apes 1968
6. “Resistance is futile” Star trek First Contact 1996
7. “Gordon’s alive” Flash Gordon 1980
8. “I’ve got a bad feeling about this” Star Wars 1977
9. ” No, I am your father” Empire strikes back 1980
10. “E.T phone home” ET 1982
11.” You are one ugly mother fucker” Predator 1987
Could resist putting in number 11! Can’t wait to see everyone else’s!
27 thoughts on “Blogfest Top Ten Horror / Science Fiction Movie Quotes”
“Its alive. Its alive.” I forgot that one!
I can see how much fun you and Jay had with this one; so many awesome films to choose from!
Thank you for taking part!
Two great lists there – a lot of films to think about now!
I've never seen him jump out of bed so fast on a Sunday LOL!
Looking forward to reading everyone else's lists!
We shared the same PREDATOR quote. 🙂 And I also loved your DOG SOILDERS quote. A hidden gem that one is!! 🙂
I love Dog Soldiers, but I couldn't remember any quotes.
oh, I forgot about Ghostbusters!!!! Awesome! and “resistance is futile” almost made it to my list and the Star Wars ones too of course… it's so hard to pick just one from those movies.
There's a Margo Benson and Margo Berendsen in this fest?… that's almost too close. Better go check here out 🙂
I was very lucky as Hubbs is a Film fanatic!
I love Dog soldiers! I couldn't remember any quotes from The Cottage or Severance or they would have been in there as well!
I have to do “comedy” horrors, I can't watch Saw or Hostile or things like that as they are too gory and I am a wuss!
2001 and Planet of the Apes are very popular today. Made my list, too. And Star Wars. 🙂
That's a popular Aliens quote. And good to Evil Dead here as well.
I'm glad you made room for a little Predator. I loved Dog Soldiers – that quote made me laugh the first time I watched it – and I was hiding half way behind the sofa, at the time 😉
Shaun of the Dead, Star Wars and Planet of the Apes: a great list.
The Thing . .. how could I have forgotten that classic. Makes me want to go back and edit my list!
Great quotes! I had forgotten about some of those.
We have an entry in common. Great list.
These are so great! I love your lists.
Thank you for all your lovely comments. We are just settling down to watch the superbowl!
LOL; these are cool.
We matched on a couple of quotes. You cited some classic lines.
Tossing It Out and the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2011
Ah! So you're the other Dog Soldier quoter… Not many out there have seen that one! Great quotes and fun reading!
Thanks again for all the lovely comments. I've never taken part in something like this before and have found it really enjoyable.
We basically entered as we wanted to show our support for Ellies blog. We never imagined it would produce such a massive response! So Thank you all very much!
We love Dog Soldiers and could have put several quotes in there!
great full throttle list, and some forgotten ones i forgot…
Thank you for being part of this, it was a great time and success.
Thank you. It was great fun!
Great lists! FLASH – AH HA! Savior of the universe!
Thank you x
1968 did seem to be a particularly good year! Great list!
thank you x
I like the 2001 Space Odyssey quote. Also, thanks for getting the Star Wars quote right. Many people misquote it.