As it is the Easter holidays and here in the UK the weather is glorious for a change, I thought I would just do a short blog post today. So here it is
1. I am 43 years old but I am staying 40 until my 50th, if anyone asks!
2. I am married to Jay and have been for nearly 17 years. We have been together over 20 years
3.I own three Weimaraners
4. Jay and I got married in Sri Lanka. Its our dream to go back one day.
5. I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome hypermobility type
6. I also suffer from PoTs – postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome / severe autonomic nervous system disorder
7. I have a degree in History.
8. I collect Emma Bridgewater Pottery and have also managed to get my husband into collecting it too.
9. On the 29th March this year as I accompanied hubby in the car on his way to walk the dogs, we came across a man playing the bagpipes in the carpark
10. I have been vegetarian all my life but this year have become what’s known as whole food plant based, which is essentially a vegan diet that is very low in oils / fats and no processed foods.
11. I love posting photo’s on Instagram and I also love seeing others photos. You can find me @racheljillmorrismcgee
12. Emma Bridgewater’s social media team have contacted me twice now for permission to use my photo’s in their social media campaigns
13. I am very lucky that I have a great group of friends that keep me going when things get tough. I know many people who have chronic health conditions that don’t have the support network I have so I am truly grateful for this.
14. I am currently teaching myself to draw after a break of nearly 30 years. It’s hard going as I struggle to grip a pencil for more than a few minutes at a time. So a twenty minute lesson can take me days to complete. I am really enjoying it though.
15. I have been blogging since 2008 but didn’t blog regularly until a couple of years ago. I have written more than 300 posts.
16. Despite being a blogger and talking about all aspects of my life I am quite a private person.
17. Hubby and I used to breed Weimaraners, Mollie has had two litters of pups with nine puppies in each
18. I love listening to the radio but I don’t listen to music channels. I love Radio 4, Radio 4 Extra and The World Service. On a Sunday night I will also listen to Radio 3 if they have a play on. The radio became a massive part of my life when I first became ill as I would spend hours in bed resting as I was so exhausted all the time. Radio was one of the few things I could do.
19. As I am a massive radio listener I am also a big fan of the Radio 4 soap The Archers about a rural community in the made up village of Ambridge.
20. My favourite place on the planet, other than my home is Woodbury Common.